About Me

My photo
Himalayas
I study, and try to practice, Vajrayana Buddhism. My main areas of interest are Chod, Kagyu and Nyingma traditions as well as Buddhisms interactions with the West, pop-culture and engaged Buddhism.

Saturday, June 26, 2010



Karmapa Khyenno!!

Awesome day was awesome.

I woke up following some auspicious dreams which I won't go into detail about here.

This morning didn't go as planned. Lama Wangdu wasn't doing audiences, but I saw him later as he was leading the Gyalwa Karmapa birthday parade around the stupa. I was coming out of a door as the front of it was passing. He looked straight at me and smiled/winked. I feel I may be seeing more of him in the near future.

I also didn't go to Lekshey Ling as I bumped into some monks from there who told me Choje Lama Phuntsok is away until next week. This conversation was almost entirely in Tibetan.

Before lunch I went to a teaching by Choekyi Nyima Rinpoche. He taught on Atishas eight point of mind training, which is always a nice teaching to hear, and ever better, put into practice. Afterwards I went to get a blessing and say goodbye for now as he is leaving on a teaching tour. Just like Lama Yeshe Losal Rinpoche, he pulled my beard which makes me think it could be the start of a trend.

As I am not really a meditator I decided that today being an auspicious day, full moon, Gyalwa Karmapas birthday and a few other things, I thought making offerings and such would be a good idea. Most of the time I am like many western so-called Buddhists who never really makes offerings to support the Sangha or anything, but today through the blessing of my Lamas I remembered to do some good or at least attempt to do so.

I also put up some Guru Rinpoche prayer flags on behalf of a friend. I put them on the North East side of the stupa as there is a huge Karmapa picture there at the moment. I later noticed a rainbow on that side of the stupa over the picture as well which made me happy.


Gyalwa Karmapa, manifestation of the Buddhas of the three times and ten directions,
May you remain until samsara is completely emptied and until such time, may your activities continue and expand.
May the pinnacle of the Buddhas teaching, Bodhicitta, be born in the minds of all beings and may they in this instant realise their mind as Buddha. Until such a time may whatever suffering they are experiencing, and that which they have generated the future causes of ripen entirely in me.

No comments: