About Me

My photo
Himalayas
I study, and try to practice, Vajrayana Buddhism. My main areas of interest are Chod, Kagyu and Nyingma traditions as well as Buddhisms interactions with the West, pop-culture and engaged Buddhism.

Friday, July 2, 2010

I'm noticing a significant increase in my understanding and use of colloquial Tibetan. Even if I don't understand everything, I'm definitely seeing an improvement. Considering I had zero colloquial Tibetan two weeks ago, this isn't too bad.

This morning I went to see Lama Wangu Rinpoche. He is one of the greatest living Chod practitioners on the planet and lives two minutes from my house. He gave me a blessing, tons of tsok and did a very favourable divination. He also said some stuff about Guru Rinpoche which I didn't really understand. Meeting felt similar to meeting certain somewhat special lamas, such as Gyalwa Karmapa.

No comments: