About Me

My photo
Himalayas
I study, and try to practice, Vajrayana Buddhism. My main areas of interest are Chod, Kagyu and Nyingma traditions as well as Buddhisms interactions with the West, pop-culture and engaged Buddhism.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Nothing lasts

Tomorrow I leave McLeod and head for Kathmandu via Delhi. It's more emotional than last time as I have had such a short time to reconnect with old friends as well as spending time with some new very special friends.

There are many monks these days who barely keep vows and don't practice, but when you meet the ones who are the real deal it's very inspiring. May the Sangha remain undivided and have support.

So instead of being sad I should really reflect on impermanence. There is no guarantee of anything other than death in this life. As Shantideva said "Those I love will become nothing, Those I loathe will become nothing. I too will become nothing, and all will become nothing. Everything experienced fades to memory like a dream".

1 comment:

Phil said...

wishing you a safe journey. thanks for keeping us updated... nothing lasts indeed, may that spur us on to the full recognition of our buddha nature.