About Me

My photo
Himalayas
I study, and try to practice, Vajrayana Buddhism. My main areas of interest are Chod, Kagyu and Nyingma traditions as well as Buddhisms interactions with the West, pop-culture and engaged Buddhism.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Good morning.

Loads of people were sick the first week, but not me. Then my 'dad' and I both got ill two nights ago and had strange dreams, as did a few other people.

I had always assumed Kathmandu and Boudha would have less of the samaya issues than somewhere like D'sala, but I think the opposite is true. With the intensity of the course added to the mix it' hard to say what is what.

On a more personal note, I think hanging out with other students and tourist in general isn't helpful so am thinking of regressing back to old school hermit behaviour.

The weather is being crazy too, lots of monsoon clouds, but no rain.

Going to see Choje Lama Phuntsok and Lama Wangdu on saturday. The former as he is a friend of my teachers and we have a nice connection. The latter as he lives one minutes walk from my house, is generally awesome and friends with my 'grandad'. In a weird twist of syncronsity, my old friend Sonam is also living in his monastery and teaching from 'words of my perfect teacher' and the 'Bodhicaryavatara'.

No comments: