About Me

My photo
Himalayas
I study, and try to practice, Vajrayana Buddhism. My main areas of interest are Chod, Kagyu and Nyingma traditions as well as Buddhisms interactions with the West, pop-culture and engaged Buddhism.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

LOLITROLLU


For a number of years I've been fascinated by the similarities between certain types of trolling and the more unusual teachings methods employed by various Buddhist teachers, mostly it would seem, in the Vajrayana and Zen traditions. I'm not going to write more about it at this point, but just felt like referencing it as the lama I'm trying to translate for this week sort of trolled me pretty hard today by reminding me of some things my main teacher had said a few years ago. This was all good, but more to handle than I had expected today.

1 comment:

Sabio Lantz said...

I am not sure if I am guessing your use of "to troll somebody".

So let me guess:

"The Lama tolled me pretty hard..."

means (going off the Wiki definition):

"A Lama tried to provoke an emotional response in me by saying some inflammatory stuff about my main Lama."

Right?

Is that right?