About Me

My photo
Himalayas
I study, and try to practice, Vajrayana Buddhism. My main areas of interest are Chod, Kagyu and Nyingma traditions as well as Buddhisms interactions with the West, pop-culture and engaged Buddhism.

Sunday, July 12, 2009

This weekend has been a bit emotionally strange, mostly a combination of seeing people I've not seen for a long time as well as coming to the end of a project that started as a joke and ended up taking up a lot of time and energy. I'm glad it's over.

On the school front I'm close to starting to actually write my dissertation now. In some ways I prefer to just get on with it with minimal preparation, but it's not going to work that way this time it would appear. The kicker with this is that once more I'll be only partially reading books rather than getting the full experience. This is also a silver lining when it comes to certain authors.

Practice is steady and stable, although I still feel it would be awesome to be doing it all the time rather than having to juggle it with 'mundane' life and so on. But then integrating it into everyday experience is part of it I guess.

No comments: