About Me

My photo
Himalayas
I study, and try to practice, Vajrayana Buddhism. My main areas of interest are Chod, Kagyu and Nyingma traditions as well as Buddhisms interactions with the West, pop-culture and engaged Buddhism.

Monday, July 13, 2009

This morning I was awoken by a less than pleasant combination of a dream about dead soldiers coming back from Afghanistan and the sound of a cat killing a bird. It's amazing to be reminded of samsara first thing.

On the retreat front, a friend of mine said she would sponsor me for a total of four months. This really blew me away as it's a lot of money to support some guy to sit in the same room for four years, but it made me really happy that people here are in some cases taking a similar approach to the Dharma as in Asia.

I'm currently reading this. It is pretty intense, but as with all of Ranjung Dorje's writing I find it easier to engage with than most other texts on the same topics.

No comments: