About Me

My photo
Himalayas
I study, and try to practice, Vajrayana Buddhism. My main areas of interest are Chod, Kagyu and Nyingma traditions as well as Buddhisms interactions with the West, pop-culture and engaged Buddhism.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The rain of blessings of uncertainty.

So classes will be drawing to a class in a few months and it's by no means certain that I will get the funding needed to stay a second year, which I need in order to become fluent and thus a decent translator. Ordinarily this would be a source of anything ranging from annoyance to misery, however it's not. In this life NOTHING is certain, we have no idea whether we will live or die today and on a sublter level impermanence is a constant fact. Relaxing in this fact, and thus accepting it, is far better than being traumatised by it.

No comments: